Sanitation Associate Start 5 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. $17.00 hourly Aurora, IL
Aurora, Illinois, United States
Join Shiftfillers and become part of the dedicated team that gets products and orders ready for our client’s customers.
If you like a fast-paced, physical position that gets you up and moving, apply to join our team today.
You will be responsible for carrying out all the activities involved in maintaining cleanliness and a food safe environment in production areas, surrounding areas and equipment.
Here are just some of the things you’ll get to do with us:
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitation of all food production equipment and machinery. I.E. Production machines, tables, mats, compost bins, sinks, drains, walls, and any surface that is scheduled for sanitation duties.
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing all kitting and packing equipment and surfaces.
- May be required to operate the dish-machine as needed.
- Restocks all PPE as needed, such as hairnets, beard nets, gloves, face masks, and sleeve guards.
- Responsible for the assistance in inventory of all linens/uniforms.
- Responsible for all chemicals, their use, and safe handling.
- Documents all job duties performed with work logs and follows the master schedule as directed.
- Perform other tasks as directed by supervisor/managers
- Must follow all SSOP’s and Safety Regulations
- Regular and timely attendance
This is a cold, wet, environment with exposure to chemicals that requires standing, lifting, reaching, and twisting for 8 hours or until the job is completed.
- The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne food particles and allergens, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
- The employee will be responsible for using chemicals at safe-handling concentrations along with appropriate PPE.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, reach and lift for 10 hours with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel objects and/or tools.
- The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to stand on your feet and work between 8-12 hours per shift
- Able to grasp objects and lift up to 50lbs.
- Be at least 18 years old and authorized to work in the United States.
- Able to work in a cold prep area located in a walk-in refrigerator kept at 35 degrees.
- Able to withstand temperatures ranging from 30 degrees Fahrenheit to 80 degrees Fahrenheit
- Able to work as part of a team and individually
- Be able to read, write, and understand English for safety purposes.
- If you have 6 months experience working in a manufacturing environment
- 24/7 support from our dedicated team.
- Training to perform your job effectively and to grow professionally.
- Adapted operations in response to COVID-19, to protect the health and safety of our employees.
- See https://jobs.shiftfillers.com/about/benefits for more details
If you’re interested in this role, please start the onboarding process right away. We’ll review all the applications and get back to you no later than 7 days after we receive your application. The next step will be a 30-minute interview with our team to talk about your experience. We hope to have you onboard within 30 days.
This position description has been prepared to assist in defining job responsibilities, physical demands, working conditions and needed skills. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities and/or essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.