Founded in France in 1926, Schlumberger is the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry across the world. It currently employs people in more than 120 countries.
We’re the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry across the world. Working at the forefront of one of the most dynamic and exciting industries offers unique opportunities to achieve incredible things and realize ambitious personal goals. We’ve done pioneering work for over 90 years and will continue to do so by giving talented people the platform to perform at their best. Together, we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy, for the benefit of all.
The Maintenance Technician Mechanical is a specialized technician who follows a specific training program and is a member of the maintenance team with the important role of maintaining the reliability of our equipment. The Maintenance Technician Mechanical is responsible for doing modifications on corrective and preventive maintenance, to minimize the failures in electric and mechanical equipment in order to prevent either lost time or poor quality data by ensuring that their assigned equipment is maintained as per Segment standards.
• A People & Training
• Participates in advanced schools and seminars related to his/her expertise, for refreshing and actually sharing his/her knowledge with the maintenance team, ensures his/her post training is accurately recorded
• Keeps current with new equipment and technology and updated maintenance methods.- Promotes the importance of Data and Service Quality and flawless job execution within the maintenance community
• Understands and complies with Schlumberger's rules and regulations
B Process & Equipment
• Ensures all assigned equipment is continually maintained at shop with highest standards, resulting in proper functionality and minimum failures
• Performs equipment repair and modification in a competent complete manner in accordance with documented procedures and workmanship standards
• Efficiently troubleshoots and repairs assigned equipment.- Participates in Root Cause Analysis of failures.
• Records all maintenance and failure events immediately and accurately using the most up-to-date Computerized Maintenance Management System.
• Drives their workflow and ensures data entry is accurate, timely and honestly.
•Actively uses InTouch Support both for technical solutions and for knowledge sharing
• Makes recommendations to supervisors on requirements for spare parts, test equipment, and tools necessary for efficient maintenance
• Understands and helps drive the World Wide Service Quality Plan within the location. Quality & HSE- Promotes a culture of safety awareness within the maintenance community
• Ensures his/her work areas are safe, clean, and orderly at all times.- Maintains strict confidentiality of Schlumberger and client information.- Follows the company policies and procedures on health, safety and environment.
• Supports Management efforts to minimize general and Segment-specific Quality and HSE risks and promotes respect, understanding, and adherence to safety regulations
• Conducts unsafe and hazardous situation audits/identification.
• Uses QUEST to report and for follow up on Quality and HSE and RIR
• Understands and actively applies the SLB LTI/AA Prevention Plan.
Remember this is an active role and you will be on the move for your whole shift which is usually 8 hours.
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Positive outgoing attitude
• Self-motivated and goal-oriented
• Work Authorization: Green Card, US Citizen (Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship).
• Experience Level:
-Minimum 2 years Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical maintenance degree relevant experience will be considered
-Minimum 3 years of oilfield maintenance experience.
-Specific experience in Wireline and drilling tools is highly preferred
-Valid state motor vehicle operator's license
-Has initiative and ability to work effectively with little direction and/or few guidelines
• Travel required: Willingness to travel within the US and internationally.
• Education: Minimum high school education or equivalent. A degree is preferred
• A safe, challenging & fast-paced working environment
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral.
Nearly done! Please continue your application on the next page.