****MUST BE ABLE TO SOLDER SMALL PARTS. All candidates will perform a soldering test at the interview****
Performs all technical duties to support Manufacturing activities in one of the functional areas: electrical or mechanical.
• Verify proper components are received per work order’s pick list prior to build.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams and assembly prints.
• Use hand tools to crimping, soldering and screw bolts.
• Connect components wires to boards and/or other components using solder, crimped connectors or equivalent.
• Mount components on chassis panel, tool kit or equivalent.
• Perform continuity tests on completed assemblies.
• Ability to verify assembled products and tools assemblies perform by co-workers.
• Ability to adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified electrical or dimensional characteristics.
• May perform assembly operations under microscope or other magnifying.
• PC Skills: Must be familiar with using different manufacturing applications and be able to navigate simple software.
• Familiarity of process documentation.
• Understand and perform daily 6S activities and participate in lean manufacturing projects.
• Perform other work-related task as required as assigned.
• Wear PPE at all times and observe health, safety and environmental policies
• Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to forklift, drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving)
Minimum high school education or equivalent. A degree is preferred
A minimum 5 years’ experience in the functional area
Specialized Knowledge & Skills (If Applicable) in the following areas:
• Read schematics.
• Understand Bills of Material and parent/Child structures.
• Certified in industry workmanship standards (IPC 610, 620, etc…)
• Understand soldering High temperature (HMP) and/or low temperature (SN96) and/or certification is preferred.
• Understand ESD protection principles
• Understand international standards for process control (ISO 9001 etc…)
• Accurately assemble products with minimum assistance.
• Understands and selects the correct tools and fixtures.
• Able to communicate oral/written with manufacturing support personnel.
• Teamwork. Ability to work effectively in groups of 2-10 people.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions (If Applicable)
• Able to stand for up to 8 hour shift.
• Able to lift 55 lbs. (Men) and 35 lbs. (Female)
• Dexterity to use hand tools, fasten small hardware and connect lugged/pinned wires.
• Level of supervision that the job is required: Close Supervision Required
• Who does the job reports to? Production Manager or Team Leader
• Does the job have direct reports? No
• Does the job have functional reports? No
Nearly done! Please continue your application on the next page.
Thank you for your referral
Shiftfillers' CEO has one of those journeys that inspire us to success. Drew Golin has exemplified servant leadership throughout his life, starting with his education at Temple University in Philadelphia....Read more >
Innovation runs in the blood of Shiftfillers' President. Born and raised in Dublin, Ireland, Roderick Smyth consistently lives up to his famous compatriot Oscar Wilde's saying that "true progress is...Read more >
Whether it’s running a race or running a successful business, the Shiftfillers' COO knows how to reach goals like no other. Avid runner Karen Febus studied business and finance at...Read more >
Why wait to get paid? Get access to your funds the same day you complete an eligible shift.
Introduce us to friends and family members who are seeking work, and receive a referral bonus after they’ve been hired and met a worked-hours threshold.
Our goal is to get good people to shifts that need them — fast! Interview, onboard, and manage your schedule easily and virtually through one simple smartphone app.
You’ll be eligible for a permanent role with McLane Co after working at their location with Shiftfillers.
Have a problem or question? Never wait for an answer for days again — our support team is available via text and email 24/7 to make sure you get answers when you need them.
We value you and your goals. At Shiftfillers, you’ll have access to initial and ongoing trainings to help develop your skills over time.
Apply by filling out a quick form
If you meet the main job criteria, you can start your onboarding process straight away!
A member of our team will contact you about next steps.